Monday, May 23, 2011

Painting Challenge Part III

All the dry brushing and touch-up work has been done. There was only one thing that I didn't really like and that was a heavy hand on one side of the rock on the base. I ended up doing a light black wash over it to tone it down just a bit. I'm hoping that will resolve the issue and then all that will remain would be work on the base itself.

The wyvern is on the mend as we speak. Wings are glued back on and dry. I have applied a brush on primer (the Black Gesso) to the exposed areas of metal from the crash landing. All that remains is to reapply two base colors and two washes to the affected area and it will be as if nothing happened. So realistically I should be done in three or four days.

I snapped a few shots with my camera phone after I got the wings reattached but before I applied the brush-on primer. You can clearly see the gap in the paint where it was reattached in the second picture. I will take pictures in my light box once the base work is done.


If you go up from the raised back foot where the base of the wing is you will see the break. This was before I did any repairs other than gluing the wings back on however. Once I'm done you will never even be able to tell it was there.

No comments:

Post a Comment