Monday, March 28, 2011

Table Update

Well as you know there was a mishap with the adhesion method that was first used to get our Grass Mat down on the foam. The second method work great however and there was no issue with shrinkage at all. So we finished off the final (for now) steps to protect the board which was to run black duct tape around the edges to help with the boards longevity as well as pull the edges of the board tight without trimming the mat itself. Here are the images from the final table with board. I'm sure you can see the second set of boards beneath the finished ones. These are the start of our Normandy Omaha Beach Landing boards.



Now all that remains to be done is litter it with tons of terrain. I figured the most sensible place to start is with the hills. While my father works on the Omaha Beach Sea Wall I can use the scrap pieces to add some flavor to my hills. Anyway, that is the upcoming project that I will be working on. I'm hoping to get started on that by the end of the week which will give me time to finish painting my Warmaster Trolls tonight and base the three units that are done being painted so I can get better pictures of them. I have decided on how I want to base them. I plan to do something rather generic which I saw on Balagan's Crossfire website. This is how I plan to base my WWII Crossfire figs as well. I like it because it is generic enough that they would not look out of place in any terrain, except maybe somewhere that is itself exotic. Anyway, I'll be off to the painting table now.

1 comment:

  1. I saw you comment on I see lead people that you only had 2 followers, well now you have 5, good luck.

    ReplyDelete